Pages

Blast from the Past and Designer Dresses

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

As much as I love blogging, I am not very good about posting. I am absolutely addicted to reading teaching, cooking, and decorating blogs, but let's be honest, Ari is MUCH better about posting. But I am still alive.
This weekend  my husband was forced happy to accompany me on a Goodwill extravaganza. I am on the lookout for a cheap coffee table to refinish. So we crossed the river and first stopped at the Goodwill on Forest Park Ave. We have been there before and were pretty successful, but not this time around...until I found these gems:
A Computer1000?! This thing used to rock my world! It went on every boring softball tournament and road trip until I was about 10. Please tell me that someone else used to own one of these guys! Sadly, it was priced at $6.00. It was missing cartridges and wasn't guaranteed to work so I didn't want to risk the money. I also wasn't about to pay 3.49 for a magic 8 ball that didn't tell me my future. 

We left that store empty handed and headed over to Brentwood hoping some rich people had donated some good stuff. I must say that we were disappointed in the furniture but I must  point out that the employees here are super nice! The young girls that work there are so sweet and very helpful! I did spot/try on this dress:
Thrilled to be modeling. 

It is the Robert Rodriguez dress from the Neimen Marcus collection at target. This dress was originally priced at $ 99.99. 
They had it priced at the Manchester Rd location for 24.99. I didn't know what I should do because that is still a lot of money for a dress. I usually don't pay over $10.00 for a dress at Goodwill.  Granted, it's a designer dress and I could wear it to a wedding this summer, but I called Ari to see if it was a good buy or not. Of course she told me no and reminded me that I will probably see 100 other cute dresses at a cheaper price before July. So, if you think it's worth it, head on over to the Manchester Rd location. They had a handful of dresses in a variety of sizes. 

On another note, Ari has returned safely from her trip to Hati. I am hoping she will post pics soon.:)

 Happy Hunting!

*Ashlie

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ashlie!!! It was so nice meeting you tonight! What a cute little blog you have! My favorite find that I've seen so far are the black and white chevron chairs from Target!!!! OMG! AMAZING!!!!!
    Little Warriors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! Ari found the chairs. She's really good at finding the target deals! I also really loved meeting you tonight. I hope we can get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... you girls are too clever!! I loved looking through all of your found treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deedee! Hope you have had a great week. I am sure your kiddos missed you!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you found some great treasures! Gotta get to one soon to find myself some great deals~
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I just went again this weekend and picked up a pair of jeans and a dress form Target. I am telling you, it is an addiction!
      -Ashlie

      Delete