Pages

Great Day St. Louis!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

This will be a quick little post, 
but I wanted to fill everyone in on our 
Great Day experience!
Some of you may be wondering how this 
came about, and it is all due to 
the wonderful world of Twitter!
I tweeted our blog to Virginia because
I thought she might like it, 
and she wanted to do a story on it!
I wasn't expected any of that to happen, 
but it turned out to be such a blessing!



Virginia came to my house a couple weeks ago, 
along with Dave, the camera man. 
Both were so nice, friendly, genuine, and fun!
I was nervous at first, but the feeling
quickly disappeared. 
My co-worker Laura, Ashlie, and aunt Mel 
all came to support me. 
I was so happy they were there!
It was so much fun sharing all of my thrifting finds 
and decorating secrets from aunt Mel. 
My house would not look like 
this if it weren't for her! 
I was also THRILLED that they 
featured Haiti in the story as well. 
I hope people read this and get confidence
to thrift and save their family money, but if no 
one ever reads this it doesn't bother me. 
However, I would be SO HAPPY 
if we gained some readers and followers 
just so I can share Haiti with you. 
Our trip is planned for January, and I'm hoping to go for
17 days this time. The only thing that would
stop me is if my job doesn't allow me to go. 
Prayers are appreciated. 
If you're on Facebook, please like 
This will give you updates on 
fundraisers and items we're collecting. 
I'm so excited to share Haiti with all of you. 
(There is also a teeny tiny chance that I
could go to Burkina Faso in Africa this summer, 
but I'm not holding my breath)


Thanks to everyone for watching and I hope my house
can inspire you to do some thrifting of your own!

I don't know how to post the video directly on the blog, 
but click here if you aren't in St. Louis and 
didn't get a chance to see it. 

I have SO many thrifting finds to show you, 
but that is for a later post. I promise to get 
some pictures of my new things up over
spring break this week. 


May the odds be ever in your favor.
-Ari-




No comments:

Post a Comment