Pages

A yard sailing we will go

Saturday, April 28, 2012

      Life. Sadly it gets in the way of blogging. The husband and I have been dealing with some issues at our rental plus, I have been madly looking for a job, so I have been a bit busy. BUT, not too busy to go to yard sales! My sister just had her first baby so my mom, sister, baby Turner and I set off for Glen Carbon for their annual neighborhood yard sale to find some great deals on baby items. She did find some good baby things, but that is not what I am posting about. I found some pretty amazing random finds. Like...




Harry Potter Bookends for $6.00










Also, I have been looking for an electric chopper. I tried to make a chicken recipe that required Ritz crackers that were crushed. Well....I thought it would be okay to use two paper plates and a potato masher and the 8 of you that read this can figure out how well that turned out. I came across these two appliances that were marked at 10.00 each. 


I bargained and got them for 5.00 each! I googled the original prices and the Kitchen Aide runs for 36.00 and the Crock Pot is only 24.99 brand new. Not too shabby and I have already used both of them and they work great! And last but not least, my favorite purchase of the day:


Now that I have the glasses, I think that means that I need to go back to The Wizarding World. Any vacation would be nice right now...oh wait. That might be happening soon. I'll let Ari post about it due to the fact that it's her dream coming true. :)
 *Happy Hunting*
Ashlie






No comments:

Post a Comment