Pages

Housewarming Wreath

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hello out there! I just got back from sweating like crazy at a Radio Disney event and I'm doing everything I can to avoid homework. So here I am writing this crafty post. Ashlie just bought a house and had a little party today, so of course I had to make her something. It was easy and cheap and different from those yarn wreaths that everyone is making. 




I saw this wreath on Pinterest. I really wanted to have it for the Fourth of July and I plan on keeping it up throughout the summer because of the Olympics. I. Live. For. The. Olympics. How can anyone not like sports?


Start with any wreath form. I found two of these for $1 each at Goodwill. 

Find some old t-shirts. I found these at the Salvation Army. Less than $3 total. 

Lay a shirt flat on your workspace. 

Cut the hem off the bottom and the sleeves off the top. 

Cut the shirt into strips. 


Stretch the pieces and wrap them around the form. I used hot glue to secure it. 


Keep wrapping until you get the pattern you want. Duhs. 


Get lazy and don't take pictures of the other steps. You guys get the idea. I cut stars out of felt and hot glued them on. I looped a ribbon on the back with hot glue so it could hang on my door.




Finally, be patriotic and hang it on the door. I think this is so cute for the summer, but you could do this with any color of fabric. 



I gave this to Ashlie today and like 3 people wanted me to make them one. So I guess it was a hit! If you think other people  would like this, please share on Facebook, Twitter, or on your blog! And if you decide to make one of these, I would love to see a picture! Leave us a comment if you thought this was cute or stupid. Thanks! And the Cardinals just came from behind and won it in the 9th! YEEEESSSS!!!



May the odds be ever in your favor. 
-Ari-









No comments:

Post a Comment